Maintaining competitiveness in today’s global market requires continual improvement and refinement. Changing customer needs, aggressive traditional competitors, new market entrants – all can and will redefine the level of efficiency and performance your business must meet or exceed. The bar continues to rise, and so must you.
Strategies to Improve Organizational Effectiveness
CSMG regularly helps our clients design and implement customized qualitative and quantitative research and analysis to deliver actionable strategies for product, portfolio, pricing and brand related activities to increase top-line growth through improved customer metrics, lower operating costs, maximized operating profit, and improved capital efficiency. Our extensive industry experience, detailed business case analysis, and network of contacts enable us to define clear and measurable performance standards for all aspects of an organization and the tools to accurately monitor and manage continual improvement. Typical CSMG client work in this area covers the following:
- Benchmarking of Operations, Costs, and Competitors: CSMG is well versed in all areas of benchmarking in the communications, digital media, and technology industries. We leverage secondary research and our extensive databases, and undertake primary research to develop both quantitative and qualitative benchmarks of internal operations and processes vis-à-vis those of direct competitors and comparable companies in adjacent areas. We are able to identify best-of-breed practices and targets for performance, develop key metrics for analyzing spending in comparison with that of client peers, and identify and implement a dashboard to display critical metrics among client business units and peers.
- Capital Efficiency: CSMG regularly develops analytic tools to identify key drivers of capital spending, identifying metrics to determine the efficiency of historical capital expenditures. We have performed this analysis both internally for clients and across market segments or markets focusing on major capital categories and the factors that drive them.
- Marketing Effectiveness: CSMG frequently analyzes internal and external markets to enable optimal allocation of a marketing budget across products, geographies and marketing vehicles to optimize lift of sales revenue and/or brand equity. This includes the organizational effectiveness of marketing, relationship, spend, brand management, campaign management, and loyalty programs to increase marketing effectiveness.
- Channel Optimization: CSMG can help define delivery channels and channel partners to efficiently grow revenue by retaining and further penetrating high-value and high-potential customers by understanding channel preferences and differential channel strategies for different segments. Channel Optimization identifies the key customer interaction points, their delivery requirements and priorities, and the appropriate operational drivers and measures. We help clients integrate channel efforts across sales groups working toward a consistent goal, resulting in higher profitability achieved through better-managed operations.
- Care & Support Optimization: CSMG supports client organizations in building and/or refining care and support with multi-channel integration across web, phone, fax and e-mail. We help clients effectively manage customer interactions through any service channel and eliminate the barriers that impair ability to collect accurate, up-to-date customer intelligence, and provide a quality and highly personal customization experience. CSMG factors in the four strategic dimensions of Customer Service strategy, business process, people and organization design, together with the intricacies of the robust enabling technologies, to support the contact center solution architecture. We can design the optimal structure, processes, technologies and programs for the customer service organization in order to maximize value and customer satisfaction.