Achieving profitable growth is the core challenge facing every company and the most pressing issue facing executives in today’s communications, technology, and digital media market. Rapidly advancing technologies, evolving consumer needs, and constant innovation from current and emerging competitors demand that executives be armed with detailed and rigorous analysis when making investments to grow and transform their businesses.
Consulting Services for Successful Business Transformation and Evolution
CSMG has been helping our clients in the communications, technology, and digital media industries make such informed decisions for over 20 years. Successfully plotting a growth strategy requires that the key executives and functional leaders have a comprehensive understanding of market dynamics, competitive risks, and requirements for success in order to align their priorities, teams, and processes. CSMG can support you and your team on a wide variety of growth and transformation initiatives, providing a rich data set and a better understanding to the following types of questions:
- Market Opportunity Analysis: Who are the key market customers? How are customer needs evolving? What current products, services, and solutions exist in the market place? How will these needs unfold over the next 3-5 years? What industry players are well-positioned to serve these needs?
- Ecosystem Mapping & Planning: How is this market structured? How are channels, suppliers, vendors participating in this market? Where is the economic value – today and in 3-5 years?
- Competitive Risk Assessment: Which competitors have entrenched positions with high-value customers? What competitors are evolving their business models to better meet channel or customer needs? What current and emerging competitors present the most significant threats to your business?
- Market Sizing & Forecasts: How large is the relevant market today? How quickly can this be expected to grow? What key events or considerations are necessary to achieve projected growth? What are reasonable ranges of future outcomes for this market?
- Business Plan Development: What are the key strategic, operational, and technical assumptions driving our proposed investments? What level of market, customer, and unit success is required to generate sufficient revenues? What are our expected financing needs, and over what timeframe? What margins, cash flows, and financial returns will result for our shareholders and stakeholders?
- M&A Target Identification / Valuation: Which companies and technologies complement your business? When might you improve your competitive or customer position through acquisition of emerging companies or established competitors? What is an appropriate valuation given revenue and cost improvements from combining businesses?
- Innovation Program Strategy: Where and how should we support continual investment in our future growth? What level and what type of customer, sales, marketing, research, network and other initiatives should we pursue to ensure we can continually innovate to meet and exceed customer, competitor, and market expectations?